This weekend, End Citizens United and Senator Amy Klobuchar continued their Vote for Democracy Tour in Wisconsin, campaigning for Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes and Attorney General Josh Kaul. The Vote for Democracy Tour is a nationwide tour to support candidates that will protect the voice and vote of every American.
ECU // LAV also teamed up with the Senate Majority PAC on Friday to launch a new $1.9 million ad campaign targeting Republican Senator Ron Johnson’s self-serving corruption.
See below for a roundup of ECU // LAV’s recent campaigning in Wisconsin:
- WCPT, Tiffany Muller and Joan Esposito: Live, Local, and Progressive with Joan Esposito (Interview starts at 1:56:10)
- Tiffany Muller: “We know Wisconsin is the epicenter of the fight for our democracy, and it is all on the ballot in November.”
- Tiffany Muller: “We’ve seen these big outside groups on the Republican side come in, they’re outspending the Lt. Governor and the Democratic side about 2-1, and that’s why just today we announced that we’re going up with a new ad here in Wisconsin to let voters really know the truth.”
- WISN – Milwaukee, WI, Staff: WISN 12 News This Morning
- Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul spoke at a roundtable in Milwaukee. He discussed the importance of protecting the right to vote. Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar also there as part of a nationwide ‘Vote for Democracy’ tour.
- WQOW – La Crosse, WI, Staff: News 18 10 PM Report
- Today, Lt. Governor and Democratic Senate candidate Mandela Barnes visited farms in rural counties, including in Black River Falls, to discuss his ideas for uplifting family farms and Wisconsin’s rural communities. This afternoon he spoke at a rally with Senator Amy Klobuchar.
- Bloomberg Government: Ron Johnson’s Finances, Abortion Stance Targeted in New Ads
- A super political action committee aligned with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer will begin airing two ads today in Wisconsin targeting Republican Ron Johnson’s finances and stance on abortion.
- Johnson, who is seeking a third term, is the most vulnerable Republican incumbent and faces Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes. Johnson led Barnes 49%-48% among likely voters — within the margin of error — in a Marquette University poll released yesterday. Barnes led Johnson 52%-45% last month in the same poll.
- The Senate Majority PAC joined with End Citizens United/Let America Vote to spend $1.9 million on the ad on Johnson’s finances, which alleges he has enriched himself since arriving in the Senate. It’s the first time the group aligned with Schumer (D-N.Y.) has partnered on an ad with the organization, which is focused on campaign finance and voting issues.
- WisPolitics: FRI AM Update: Senate Majority PAC launches two ads targeting Johnson; Van Orden says he will only debate Pfaff in town hall setting
- The Dem-aligned Senate Majority PAC this morning announced two new ads hitting GOP U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, one on abortion and the other for allowing “oil and drug companies to jack up prices on us.”
- The abortion ad is backed by a $1.6 million buy and will run in the Milwaukee, Madison, and Green Bay markets. SMP partnered with End Citizens United on the second spot, which is backed by a $1.9 million buy in the Milwaukee, Green Bay, Wausau, and La Crosse markets.
- New York Times: Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota will appear in Wisconsin on Saturday with Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes, the Democratic Senate nominee.