THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING THE END CITIZENS UNITED TEAM!
PLEASE SEE OUR AVAILABLE OPENINGS BELOW AND SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO [email protected]
End Citizens United/Let America Vote’s Mission: To fix our democracy by getting big money out of politics and protecting the right to vote. We will work to end our rigged political system by electing reform champions, passing meaningful legislative reforms, and elevating these issues in the national conversation. We will work in partnership with these champions to overturn Citizens United, end the unlimited and undisclosed money in politics, and protect and expand the right to vote.
Reports To: National Finance Director
Position Type: Full-time exempt
Job Summary: End Citizens United/Let America Vote is seeking a Finance Assistant to join our Finance Team. The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Team, the National Finance Director, the VP of Political, and the President to support the fundraising activities of the organization and its endorsed candidates.
- Assisting the National Finance Director in the day-to-day fundraising operations for the Finance Department.
- Maintaining fundraising data.
- Maintaining general inbox communication with ECU/LAV membership.
- Donor research and prospecting.
- Donor solicitation and stewardship.
- Assisting with the solicitation of contributions for endorsed candidates.
- Assisting with the writing and design of direct mail, email appeals, and text message fundraising program.
- Preparing briefings for fundraising events, fundraising meetings, and fundraising trips.
- Preparing regular communications and updates for donors and other stakeholders.
- Processing contributions and mail for the finance department.
- Assisting with coordinated projects across departments and spearheading internal finance team projects.
- Assisting with administrative support for the Finance Department.
- Tracking and updating contributions in conjunction with the Compliance Department.
- Managing Finance Department interns.
- Other duties as needed.
- Strong writing skills.
- A detail-oriented approach and strong time management and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Working knowledge of FEC campaign finance law.
- A commitment to getting Big Money out of politics and protecting the right to vote.
- Knowledge of NGP, ActBlue, CallTimeAI, Google platforms, Microsoft Excel, and email monitoring software is preferred.
- Knowledge and background in design/graphic design is preferred.
- Experience in digital fundraising is preferred.
- Prior campaign or political fundraising experience is preferred.
The hiring salary for this position is $42,000 and comes with a competitive benefits package. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to [email protected], subject line: “Finance Assistant.” No calls, please.
Our office and this position are based in Washington, DC; however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions are currently working remotely and travel is suspended.
End Citizens United/Let America Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.