THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING THE END CITIZENS UNITED TEAM!
PLEASE SEE OUR AVAILABLE OPENINGS BELOW AND SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO [email protected]
Deputy Research Director
End Citizens United/Let America Vote’s Mission: To fix our democracy by getting big money out of politics and protecting the right to vote. We will work to end our rigged political system by electing reform champions, passing meaningful legislative reforms, and elevating these issues in the national conversation. We will work in partnership with these champions to overturn Citizens United, end the unlimited and undisclosed money in politics, and protect and expand the right to vote.
Reports To: Research Director
Job Summary: The Deputy Research Director, in partnership with the Research Director, will be in charge of research to support ECU/LAV’s endorsements and endorsed candidates at both the federal and state level. The Deputy Research Director will assist with endorsement research, rapid response research, opposition research, and research focused on highlighting our broken campaign finance system.
- Conduct background research on candidates seeking ECU/LAV’s endorsement
- Develop opposition research in priority races
- Generate research to support ECU/LAV’s endorsed campaigns, including rapid response research
- Work on projects to highlight the negative effects of unlimited and undisclosed spending in elections, including research on super PACs, corporate PACs, and dark money groups
- Other issue focused research as needed, including assisting the Research Director in completing quick-turnaround projects and fact-checking
- 3-4 years’ experience doing political research
- Must be proficient in writing narrative research documents
- Strong interest in stopping big money in politics, protecting voting rights and helping elect democracy reform champions
Additional skills desired:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Familiarity working with federal and state campaign finance data
The starting salary range for this position is $70,000 to $75,000 and comes with a competitive benefits package. The position will begin in January 2022. To apply, please email resume, three professional references, and cover letter to [email protected], subject line: “Deputy Research Director.” Please submit all materials in one PDF or document. No calls, please.
Job Location: Washington, DC. No option for permanent remote work
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions are currently working remotely and travel is suspended. This position will be required to work in-office when our offices reopen, which is currently anticipated to be in early 2022. We anticipate utilizing a hybrid in-office/work from home schedule. Additionally, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated to work in the office and participate in travel and other work related events.
End Citizens United/Let America Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.